Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Tokyo, Japan
At ARKAMYS, we are passionate about Audio and transforming new ideas into products that are jam-packed with emotion!
Specialized in the spatialization of sound, we are developing audio enhancement software for the Automotive industry.
ARKAMYS mainly works in a B2B relationship with leading companies and partners in Europe, Asia, North-America and India. This unique situation allows us to have a preferred access in the High-Tech domain and to benefit from an influence at an international level.
You are audio passionate, you like High-Tech, innovative products, highly involving international projects, industrial constraints and context?
You want to use your skills and experience towards the creation of varied and innovative projects?
Then come to put your sense of initiative, team spirit and creativity at the service of a fast-growing company.
The Automotive Field Application Engineer is working on a day-to-day basis with the Japan Automotive Sales Team based in Tokyo and with Project Manager and Engineers based in Paris (HQ) and in Asia (Seoul / Shanghai).
The Auto FAE is involved in all ARKAMYS Automotive Products and in the full Sales and Development process.
You will be a key liaison with Arkamys products and the customer’s applications:
- Customer’s projects development:
- Partner with PM to manage the technical interactions with customers (OEMs, Tier1, ..) and support the development of Arkamys solutions.
- Work with internal engineering teams to push through technical issues resolution
- Provide technical leadership by answering questions and offering solutions to customer requests, with on-site support if required.
- Become a key technical window person by managing good communication with Japanese customers, Arkamys Project Managers and back-office engineers.
- You will be requested to coordinate all customer tuning activities and follow Arkamys internal process with support of Sound Engineers team.
- You will define resources allocation based on priorities with support from Project Managers based in HQ
- Helping our customers to understand the benefits of our technology, providing demonstrations, proof of concept work and technical material to present at customer events.
- Partner with Japan Sales team to organize and coordinate local customer demonstrations
- Understand customer’s needs from a technical and product perspective : Review, understand, define customer’s platform (architecture, chip, resources…)
- Contribute to the Technical propositions (RFI, RFQ, SOW)
- Defined technical solutions matching with customer needs and guiding technical direction/priorities.
- Japan Office Development:
- Automotive solution adaptation to local market
- Definition of local needs to increase internal process efficiency
His/her primary zone of responsibility will be Japan but he/she might also be involved in regions.
- Be the main point-of-contact for Japanese customer’s engineers
- Ensure advanced understanding of customer needs
- Provide technical leadership to customers and Arkamys teams
- Diagnose and resolve customer’s issues during integration phase with the support of HQ PM’s and Engineering teams.
- Coordinate the tuning activities for customers projects
- Support Pre-Sales and Post-Sales activities (Product & Process presentation, demo preparation…)
- Provide feedback to HQ regarding ARKAMYS solutions & process
- Draft technical proposal (SOW) documents in collaboration with customer’s engineers and HQ R&D
- Manage program schedule to cope with customer’s expectations and engineering delivery capability
Experience & Skills Required
- Bachelor or Master Degree in Electronic Engineering or similar
- 3-year experience in Automotive Infotainment environment (Semiconductor, Tier1, OEM…)
- Customer facing experience
- Strong analytical, problem solving and follow-up skills
- Technical background to deal with technical challenges
- Audio enthusiastic, master Audio basics
- Project coordination skills
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Fluent in Japanese and English.
- Position will require domestic travel and possibly international (Europe, India, China…)
Could be a plus:
- Major in Digital Audio Processing or similar
- Programming skills (C/C++) and/or Audio DSP programming skills (NXP, ST, TI, ADI…)
- Excellent oral and written communication skills required to manage customer relationship and co-work with teams in various regions and cultures
- Ability to understand and explain technical issues to technical and non-technical personnel
- Proactive with a problem-solving mindset, work on own initiative and is committed to deadlines
- Work as a member of a small but dynamic team of experts
- Demonstrates a strong desire to learn new approaches and ability to learn – act – reflect.
- Ability to handle multiple activities in parallel
- Must be a solid fit with ARKAMYS corporate culture that values integrity, teamwork, proactive performance and a passion for excellence